Head into the forest and along the Coral Creek to a lunch spot overlooking the entrance of the canyon and the broad valley above.
Depending on the group and snow conditions we may follow along the canyons or head into the forest where the snow is deeper. Either way, hot chocolate and treats will be waiting for us at the trailhead.
Lunch, hiking poles, snowshoe rentals, ice cleats, a professional guide and transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg or Cline River are all included.
- Experience the David Thompson Country in its most magical season.
- Snowshoe on a moderate trail in a scenic area.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains, away from the crowds.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior snowshoe or hiking experience required.
This day trip is open to all ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 7+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
- Activity: Snowshoeing
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance: 5-8 km
- Duration: 6+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg or Abraham Lake
You'll meet your guide at your pickup location - please arrive 10-15 minutes early - where we'll go over the plans for the day before heading out for the tour.
The Coral Creek Canyon trails offer options ranging from 5 to 8 km. Your guide will pick the best option based on the group and conditions as you head into the forest making your way up the valley toward the canyons of the Cline River and Coral Creek.
We'll be bringing our lunches with us to eat along the canyon with views of the mountains surrounding us.
- 7:30 am - Red Deer Departure
- 8:30 am - Rocky Mountain House Departure
- 9:30 am - Nordegg Departure
- 10:00 am - Coral Creek Staging Area
- 4 pm - Nordegg Return
- 5 pm - Rocky Mountain House Return
- 6 pm - Red Deer Return
The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.
Available daily from December to mid-April (weather and snow conditions dependent).
December tours and late season tours may be offered as winter hikes with ice cleats instead of snowshoeing.
- 1 Guest: $520
- 2 Guests: $260 per person
- 3 Guests: $173.33 per person
- 4 Guests: $130 per person
- 5-8 Guests: $110 per person
- 9-12 Guests: $100 per person
Small Group Adventures
Looking to join a scheduled tour instead? Small Group Adventures are offered on Saturdays and select dates throughout the season. They’re a great option when you have 1 to 3 people looking to meetup with others for a fun adventure at $110 per person.
The schedule changes often, check out the Small Group Adventures calendar to see when this itinerary is featured.
Where to Meet
- Red Deer: Pursuit Adventures' Basecamp + Cafe: #10 5579 47 Street
- Rocky Mountain House: Visitor Information Centre
- Nordegg: Shell Gas Station
- Cline River: We'll forward you directions closer to the tour.
What to Bring
We recommend bringing an extra pair of shoes and a sweater to change into for the drive home.
- We provide snowshoes, ice cleats and hiking pole at no charge for this tour.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet lunch and hot chocolate.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
What kind of lunch is included? Can special diets be accommodated?
Lunch for this adventure includes the choice of a veggie (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green pepper on a Montreal style bagel), Angus beef sandwich (roast beef, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and green pepper with BBQ sauce on a Montreal style bagel) or honey maple turkey sandwich (honey maple turkey, Boursin cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber with deli mustard on a Montreal style bagel), juice box, veggies and hummus, fruits and dessert. Please make sure to mention any dietary requirements when you book your adventure and we will try to accommodate whenever possible.
The standard group size is 1 guide with up to 12 guests for this tour. This tour is recommended for those 13 and older. Contact us for options for younger guests.
Transportation varies with the group size and can be in an SUV, mini-van, full size van or small bus depending on the day.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.