The Siffleur Falls hike is approximately 8.2 km with an elevation gain of about 70 m on a well established trail. The hike starts on the Kootenay Plains along the North Saskatchewan River before taking us along the Siffleur River. A short uphill section takes us to the top of the canyon where platforms allow us to get great views of mount Ernest Ross and the first set of falls on the Siffleur River. Our destination is a short distance past the falls where a newer canyon is forming and a peaceful venue for for our lunch break awaits.
The tour includes your guide who will be highlighting the natural and human history of the area, a gourmet lunch and hiking poles. We offer transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg or you can meet us at trailhead.
- Experience the classic views of David Thompson Country.
- Hike on an easy trail in a scenic area.
- See the popular Siffleur Falls.
- Good potential to see elk, bighorn sheep and more.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior hiking experience required.
- Activity: Hiking
- Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
- Hiking Distance: 8 km
- Elevation Gain: ~70m
- Duration: 4+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House or Nordegg
Available daily from May to October.
The Suspension Bridge
No need to worry if you're not a fan of suspension bridges, this one is fairly low and very stable.
This is the end of the trail for many visitors to the area but we'll be going a short distance upstream to find a quieter spot for lunch.
The Lunch Spot
Rates are per person, for adults (13+). Kids 12 & under are free. Guides, snacks, lunch and hiking poles are all included.
- 1 Adult: $520
- 2 Adults: $260
- 3 Adults: $173.33
- 4 Adults: $130
- 5-8 Adults: $110
- 9-12 Adults: $100
Meet at the Trailhead Option
- 1 Adults: $520
- 2 Adults: $260
- 3 Adults: $173.33
- 4 Adults: $130
- 5 Adults: $110
- 6-8 Adults: $95
- 9-12 Adults: $85
The Explorer Series
Looking to join a scheduled tour instead? The Explorer Series is a great option when you have 1 to 3 people looking to meetup with others for a fun adventure.
When and where does the tour start?
- Red Deer: 7:30 am at Pursuit Adventures' Basecamp + Cafe. Get Directions >
- Rocky Mountain House: 8:30 am at the Visitor Information Centre. Get Directions >
- Nordegg: 9:30 am at the Shell Gas Station. Get Directions >
- Meet at the trailhead: 10:15 am at the Siffleur Falls Staging Area. Get Directions >
Return time varies based on the group and conditions but expect to be back by:
- Trailhead: 3:30 pm
- Nordegg: 4:30 pm
- Rocky Mountain House: 5:30 pm
- Red Deer: 6:30 pm
The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.
What do I need to bring?
- Proper footwear (shoes or boots)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A windbreaker, shell and/or rain jacket
- A warm sweater (conditions can chance quickly)
- A water bottle
- Tuque and gloves (spring and fall hikes)
- A small backpack
- Comfy shoes for the drive home
- We provide hiking poles (and ice cleats on early season hikes) at no charge for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet lunch and trail snacks.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
What kind of lunch is included?
Lunch for this adventure includes the choice of:
- Veggie sandwich (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green pepper on a Montreal style bagel),
- Montreal Smoked Bison sandwich (Big Bend smoked bison, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and green pepper with BBQ sauce on a Montreal style bagel) or
- Honey maple turkey sandwich (honey maple turkey, Boursin cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber with deli mustard on a Montreal style bagel).
Lunches also include a juice box, veggies and dip, fruits and dessert.
Please make sure to mention any dietary requirements when you book your adventure and we will try to accommodate whenever possible.
What kind of transportation is provided?
Is transportation available from Lake Louise?
Departure from Lake Louise is at 8 am, return between 4:30 and 5:30 pm.
- 1 Guest: $330
- 2 Guests: $165 per person
- 3 Guests: $110 per person
- 4 Guests: $80 per person
- 5 Guests: $70 per person
- 6 t 7 Guests: $60 per person
- 8 to 9 Guests: $50 per person
- 10 to 12 Guests: $40 per person
Rates are in addition to the Meet at the Trailhead fees.
Lake Louise departures require a minimum of 7 days advance notice.
What's the group size?
This tour is recommended for those 8 or older.
What are the terms and conditions?
This tour requires bookings to be made at least 2 days prior to departure. Please contact us at (403) 986-6190 for a last minute booking.
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
A Few More Things To Know
Need help with your booking or have a few more questions? Stop by our Basecamp + Cafe or give us a call at 403 986-6190.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.