Explore the Cline River valley on this half day hike as we make our way up along the narrow Cline River Canyon to some great views of the valley and Minster Mountain. This tour takes you on the opposite side of the river from the popular Coral Creek Canyon hike.
The tour includes your guide who will be highlighting the natural and human history of the area, snacks and hiking poles.
- Experience the classic views of David Thompson Country.
- Hike on an easy trail in a scenic area.
- Walk along the narrow canyon and make your way down into the canyon.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior hiking experience required.
- Activity: Hiking
- Difficulty: Easy (moderate for canyon access)
- Hiking Distance: 3.3 km
- Elevation Gain: ~50m
- Duration: 2.5+ hours
- Departure: Pinto Lake Staging Area
Available daily at 9 am, 1:30 pm and 6 pm from May to October.
The Narrow Canyon
Accessing the Canyon
- 1 Adult: $320
- 2 Adults: $160
- 3 Adults: $106.67
- 4 Adults: $80
- 5-8 Adults: $65
- 9-12 Adults: $60
Rates are per person, for adults (13+). Kids 12 & under are free.
Guides, snacks, hiking poles and activities are all included.
Transportation is not included. You will be meeting your guide at the trailhead.
The Explorer Series
Looking to join a scheduled tour instead? The Explorer Series is a great option when you have 1 to 3 people looking to meetup with others for a fun adventure.
There are no upcoming departures at this time.
Where to Meet
What to Bring
- Proper footwear (shoes or boots)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A windbreaker, shell and/or rain jacket
- A warm sweater (conditions can chance quickly)
- A water bottle
- Tuque and gloves (spring and fall hikes)
- A small backpack
- Comfy shoes for the drive home
- We provide hiking poles (and ice cleats on early season hikes) at no charge for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet trail snacks.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
Transportation, when selected as an add-on, will be in a small SUV or minivan, full size passenger van or 16 passenger bus depending on the group size.
Red Deer and Rocky Mountain House
Departure from Red Deer is 2.5 hours prior to your tour, 1.5 hours prior for Rocky Mountain House departures.
- 1 Guest: $120
- 2 Guests: $60 per person
- 3 Guests: $40 per person
- 4 to 7 Guests: $30 per person
- 8 t 9 Guests: $25 per person
- 10 to 12 Guests: $20 per person
Departure from Nordegg is 30 minutes prior to your tour.
- 1 Guest: $70
- 2 Guests: $35 per person
- 3 Guests: $25 per person
- 4 to 7 Guests: $20 per person
- 8 t 9 Guests: $15 per person
- 10 to 12 Guests: $10 per person
Departure from Lake Louise is 2.5 hours prior to your tour.
- 1 Guest: $330
- 2 Guests: $165 per person
- 3 Guests: $110 per person
- 4 Guests: $80 per person
- 5 Guests: $70 per person
- 6 t 7 Guests: $60 per person
- 8 to 9 Guests: $50 per person
- 10 to 12 Guests: $40 per person
Lake Louise departures require a minimum of 7 days advance notice.
This tour is open to all ages. Please note that the trail is not stroller friendly.
Terms and Conditions
This tour requires bookings to be made at least 2 days prior to departure. Please contact us at (403) 986-6190 for a last minute booking.
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
A Few More Things To Know
Need help with your booking or have a few more questions? Stop by our Basecamp + Cafe or give us a call at 403 986-6190.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.