Head out to the Sundre area for a day of fun on the water. Raft the exciting upper Red Deer River, running the rapids in a soaking experience or plan a leisurely float tour suitable for the whole family.
All the tours head out on the water at the same time, making it an easy option for groups looking for different experiences. After your adventure you'll be taken back to camp to enjoy the hot tub, sauna, fire pit and optional BBQ dinner.
- Experience some of the best whitewater rafting in Alberta.
- Explore the foothills of the Rockies on the Red Deer River.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day on the water in Central Alberta.
This tour is owned and operated by Mukwah Rafting Tours.
- Activity: Whitewater rafting
- Difficulty: Easy to challenging
- Duration: 1.5 hours to 4.5 hours
- Departure: Sundre
Available daily from May to late Labour Day.
The Full Jaunty
Add the Double Ledge and the Highlights - more rapids with a big double drop!
Upper Red Deer River Float
- The Full Jaunty: $129 / $109
- The Sampler: $106 / $86
- The Float Tour: $50 / $40
Add-ons (per person)
- BBQ Steak Dinner: $30
- BBQ Hot Dog / Hamburger: $15
- Double Ledge & Highlights Extra Rafting: $40
Includes wetsuit, helmet, Transport Canada approved life jacket, paddling jacket, professional guides and hot lunch.
Please note that this is not a private tour.
Where to Meet
Departure Time and Itinerary
11:00 am - Lunch is served and waivers are signed.
11:45 am - Get your rafting gear and learn how to use it.
12:00 pm - Safety briefing.
12:30 pm - Head out on the water.
You will be transported back to the base camp by bus at the end of the trip.
What to Bring
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Towel and extra clothing
- Waterproof camera
- Bandana, or cap to keep you warm
- Your favourite refreshment (no glass containers permitted in raft - no alcohol permitted before or during the activity)
This tour is provided by Mukwah Rafting Tours and includes:
- Wetsuit, wet boots and gloves
- Government certified life-jackets
- Professional guides
- Paddling jackets & fleece
- Hearty hot lunch
What's Not Included
- Souvenir photos, transportation to the base, dinner, lodging or any other special requests.
Terms and Conditions
This tour requires bookings to be made at least 2 days prior to departure and requires a minimum of 2 guests per booking. Please contact us at (403) 986-6190 for a last minute booking or single guests.
All bookings for this adventure are non-refundable.
Waivers are required for all participants and will need to be signed at the Mukwah Rafting Tours base prior to your tour.
Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
This tour requires 2 days advance notice to book online. Looking for something sooner? Give us a call at 403 986-6190.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 11:30 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 11:30 am to 5 pm
- Friday: 11:30 am to 8 pm
- Saturday: 11:30 am to 8 pm
- Sunday: 11:30 am to 5 pm