Head out with your guide for a great half day hike to the Whitegoat Falls. The trail starts at Cline River, along Abraham Lake and takes us gently upstream to where the creek has cut through the rock to create a double falls.
The tour includes your guide who will be highlighting the natural and human history of the area, snacks and hiking poles.
- Experience the classic views of David Thompson Country.
- Hike on an easy trail in a scenic area.
- See the pretty Whitegoat Falls.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior hiking experience required.
This day trip is open to all ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 3+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for all ages.
- Activity: Hiking
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 3.4 km
- Elevation Gain: ~155m
- Duration: 2.5+ hours hike
- Departure: Abraham Lake
|Departure Time||Tours are available at 9 am, 1:30 pm and 6 pm.|
|Return Time||This tour is approximately 3 hours, depending on the pace of the group.|
|Pickup Location||Contact us if you would like to arrange transportation.|
|Meet at the Trailhead
||Meet your guide at the Cline River Waste Transfer Station.|
|Activity Level||Active - 3.4 km hike|
|Lunch||Snacks only included on this tour|
|Custom Tour||Let us know if you'd like to customize this tour for your group.|
|The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.|
Daily from April to November
- 1 Guest: $320
- 2 Guests: $160 per person
- 3 Guests: $106.67 per person
- 4 Guests: $80 per person
- 5-8 Guests: $65 per person
- 9-12 Guests: $60 per person
Guides, snacks and activities are all included.
Kids 12 & under are free. Rates are based on the number of adults.
The Waste Transfer Station
The Whitegoat Falls Trail
Where to Meet
Meet your guide at the trailhead, located at the Cline River Waster Transfer Station. The trailhead shows up as Vision Quest on some maps. Get directions >
What to Bring
- Proper footwear (shoes or boots)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A windbreaker, shell and/or rain jacket
- A warm sweater (conditions can chance quickly)
- A water bottle
- Tuque and gloves (spring and fall hikes)
- A small backpack
- Comfy shoes for the drive home
- We provide hiking poles (and ice cleats on early season hikes) at no charge for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet trail snacks.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
Terms and Conditions
This tour requires bookings to be made at least 2 days prior to departure. Please contact us at (403) 986-6190 for a last minute booking.
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.