Head out on the trails of Heritage Ranch with your guide as the sun sets, explore the trails with your headlamp and the moon light before heading back to the Westlake Grill for a pint and some of Red Deer´s best wings. Every Tuesday evening, we head out for 1.5 to 2 hours on the trails. This tour includes snowshoes, hiking pole, headlamp, guide as well as wine or beer with wings afterward.
- Enjoy an evening of snowshoeing under the stars.
- Experience the quietness of the night, right here in the city.
- A great option for those who've never been snowshoeing before and those looking for a social evening on the trail.
- Relax with a pint of your favourite locally brewed beer and wings at the Westlake Grill afterward.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun evening playing outside. No prior snowshoe experience required.
This day trip is open to all ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. Our guides will help you become comfortable on your snowshoes and provide terrain suitable for the group. The Snowshoe in the City tour is recommended for those 18 or older.
- Activity: Snowshoeing
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 2-5 km (varies with group's abilities)
- Duration: 2+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer
You´ll meet your guide and group on the deck in front of the entrance to the Westlake Grill at Heritage Ranch (6300 Cronquist Drive in Red Deer). Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the tour. From there you'll head out for a 1.5 hour snowshoe tour of the trails of Waskasoo Park before heading back to the ranch for some wings and beverages.
- 6:30 pm – Meet your guide at Heritage Ranch (near the front doors)
- 6:45 pm – Head out on the trails
- 8:15 pm - Return to the trailhead, relax with a complimentary drink and wings at the Westlake Grill.
The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.
- Adult: $30
Where to Meet
What to Bring
- We provide snowshoes, headlamp and hiking pole at no charge for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- A professional guide.
- A pint of beer or small glass of wine is included along with an order of wings per person.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack (if desired).
- Transportation to and from the trailhead is your responsibility.
What Kind of Snacks are Included?
The tour includes 1 order of wings and 1 beverage from a selection of wine and beer per person. You're welcome to order additional food or beverages and those can be paid directly to the Westlake Grill.
A minimum of 2 guests is usually required for the tour to be offered.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure. If you chose the "Pay at the Trailhead" option and cancel your booking within 72 hours of departure we may require you to prepay for all future adventures.
Minimum Number of Guests
Please note that we require a minimum of 2 guests to offer this tour. We will email you as soon as the departure is confirmed. In the event where we do not have 2 guests, we will contact you no later than 2 pm the day before your tour to cancel. At your choice, we will issue a full refund or offer you a credit toward a future adventure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.