- This event has passed.
The tour includes your guide who will be highlighting the natural and human history of the area, a gourmet lunch and hiking poles. We offer transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg or you can meet us at trailhead.
- Experience the classic views of David Thompson Country.
- Hike on an easy trail in a scenic area.
- See Abraham Lake and the North Saskatchewan River Valley from a new angle.
- Good potential to see elk, bighorn sheep and more.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior hiking experience required.
This day trip is open to all ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 13+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
|Departure Date||September 22, 2018|
|Departure Time||Red Deer: 7:30 am
Rocky Mountain House: 8:30 am
Nordegg: 9:30 am
|Return Time||Nordegg: 4:30 pm
Rocky Mountain House: 5:30 pm
Red Deer: 6:30 pm
|Pickup Location||Pursuit Adventures' Basecamp + Cafe
Rocky Mountain House Visitor Information Centre
Miners' Cafe in Nordegg
|Meet at the Trailhead
||This option is available if you'll be driving yourself to the trailhead. You'll be meeting your guide at 10:15 am at the Siffleur Falls Staging Area.|
|Activity Level||Active - 16 km hike|
|Lunch||Gourmet bagged lunch|
|Availability||Looking for a different date or a tour just for your group? Check out these options >|
|The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.|
- $110 per person
- $95 per person - meet at the trailhead option
Guides, snacks, transportation and activities are all included.
The Siffleur River
The North Saskatchewan River
There's a few trail options in this area and depending on the group this hike can range between 13 and 18 km.
From there we're heading into the forest for a pleasant walk in the shade. This hike can be quite hot on a sunny day and the shelter of the forest is great in the afternoon.
Where to Meet?
- Red Deer: Pursuit Adventures' Basecamp + Cafe: #10 5579 47 Street
- Rocky Mountain House: Visitor Information Centre
- Nordegg: Miners' Cafe
- Cline River: David Thompson Resort
- Trailhead: Siffleur Falls Staging Area
What to Bring?
- Proper footwear (shoes or boots)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A windbreaker, shell and/or rain jacket
- A warm sweater (conditions can chance quickly)
- A water bottle
- Tuque and gloves (spring and fall hikes)
- A small backpack
- Comfy shoes for the drive home
- We provide hiking poles (and ice cleats on early season hikes) at no charge for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet lunch and trail snacks.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
What kind of lunch is included? Can special diets be accommodated?
Lunch for this adventure includes the choice of a veggie (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green pepper on a Montreal style bagel), Angus beef sandwich (roast beef, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and green pepper with BBQ sauce on a Montreal style bagel) or honey maple turkey sandwich (honey maple turkey, Boursin cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber with deli mustard on a Montreal style bagel), juice box, veggies and hummus, fruits and dessert. Please make sure to mention any dietary requirements when you book your adventure and we will try to accommodate whenever possible.
Transportation varies with the group size and can be in an SUV, mini-van, full size van or small bus depending on the day.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure. Cancellations within 72 hours, including no-shows, will forfeit the tour fees.
Tours in The Explorer Series usually require a minimum of 4 guests to run. In the event of low bookings we will contact you the day before the tour to cancel. You'll have the option of a full refund or a credit for a future booking.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here. Additional waivers may be required to be signed on the day of the tour prior to taking part in activities offered by other providers. Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.
A Few More Things To Know
We get to play outside on our tours and that means you’ll want to come prepared for the weather. Make sure to dress in layers and come prepared for the unpredictable weather we often get in Alberta. We rarely cancel tours due to weather, as long as we can have a safe adventure. You’ll be amazed at how warm we get snowshoeing at -20C or how much fun hiking in the rain can be!
Need help with your booking or have a few more questions? Stop by our Basecamp + Cafe or give us a call at 403 986-6190.