- This event has passed.
A Saturday morning tradition for nearly 50 years, the public market is one of the largest in Alberta. Head out with one of our guides to discover local food and unique vendors.
We get an early start, heading out before the market gets busy and then we have a chance to chat with many of the producers themselves. The vendors we visit varies from week to week but the tour usually includes 5 to 8 of our favourites.
Market Tour Highlights
- Explore the bustling outdoor public market.
- Learn about local producers and taste samples along the way.
- Leave with recipes and ideas for locally sourced meals.
Perfect for: Anyone interested in local food. This tour requires walking through the market for 2 hours. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
|Departure Time||Red Deer: 8:15 am|
|Return Time||Red Deer: 10:30 am|
|Pickup Location||Pursuit Adventures' booth at The Market at Red Deer|
|Snacks||Samples throughout the tour|
|Private Tour||Contact us if you would like to arrange this tour just for your group.|
|The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.|
Saturdays from May 26 to Thanksgiving
$45 per person
Guides, snacks and activities are all included.
1. Local Producers
- Innisfail Growers: Local farmers working together to bring a variety of fresh and preserved products to market.
- Klein Farm: Free range chickens and sausages from a local farm.
- S4 Greenhouses: Heirloom tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and lettuce produced in the nearby Gull Lake area.
2. Food Artisans
- Black Forest German Bakery: Fresh bread and pretzels from this Olds based bakery.
- Humble Hummus: Locally made hummus with ever changing flavours like mango chipotle, dill pickle and peanut butter chocolate along with the more classic offerings.
- Pearson's Berry Farm: Fresh baked pies and more.
- Sylvan Star Cheese: Award winning Gouda cheese.
3. Craft Beverages
- Thirst for Paradise: A market fixture, Phil imports his own coffee from his native Papa New Guinea.
- Troubled Monk Brewery: We might not be able to taste their delicious beer at the market but we still get to enjoy their craft sodas!
- Wild Brewing Co.: Delicious kombucha, loved across the province and brewed right here in Red Deer.
4. Pursuit Adventures
Where to Meet?
What to Bring?
- Proper footwear (walking/running/hiking shoes or boots)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- A water bottle
- A professional guide.
- All activities.
- Samples from various vendors.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure. Cancellations within 72 hours, including no-shows, will forfeit the tour fees.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here. Additional waivers may be required to be signed on the day of the tour prior to taking part in activities offered by other providers. Please review our complete terms & conditions prior to booking.