Head into the forest and along the Coral Creek to a lunch spot overlooking the entrance of the canyon and the broad valley above.
Depending on the group and snow conditions we may follow along the canyons or head into the forest where the snow is deeper. Either way, hot chocolate and treats will be waiting for us at the trailhead.
Lunch, hiking poles, snowshoe rentals, ice cleats, a professional guide and transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House or Nordegg are all included.
- Experience the David Thompson Country in its most magical season.
- Snowshoe on a moderate trail in a scenic area.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains, away from the crowds.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Perfect for: Anybody looking for a fun day playing outside. No prior snowshoe or hiking experience required.
This day trip is open to all ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 7+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
- Activity: Snowshoeing / Ice Walking
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hiking Distance: 5-8 km
- Elevation Gain: ~250m
- Duration: 6+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg or Abraham Lake
- $110 per person - transportation included
Guides, snacks, snowshoes, ice cleats and activities are all included. Transportation is included from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House or Nordegg.
Private and Custom Tours
Prefer to head out with just your friends on the tour? All our adventures are available as private tours and can be customized just for your group.
This itinerary is available on your schedule starting at $100 per person.
When and where does the tour start?
- Red Deer: 7:30 am at Pursuit Adventures' Basecamp + Cafe. Get Directions >
- Rocky Mountain House: 8:30 am at the Visitor Information Centre. Get Directions >
- Nordegg: 9:30 am at the Shell Gas Station. Get Directions >
Return time varies based on the group and conditions but expect to be back by:
- Nordegg: 4:00 pm
- Rocky Mountain House: 5:00 pm
- Red Deer: 6:00 pm
The itinerary may change without notice due to the weather and other factors. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience.
What do I need to bring?
- Winter boots
- Appropriate clothing for the weather including long underwear
- A winter jacket and snow pants
- An extra sweater
- Tuque and gloves
- A water bottle
- A small backpack
- Comfy shoes for the drive home
- We provide hiking poles, ice cleats and snowshoes at no charge for this tour.
- A professional guide.
- Gourmet lunch and hot chocolate.
- Guides carry emergency equipment, including first aid kits and cell phone or satellite communicators on all tours.
What's Not Included
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for the weather conditions.
- Water bottles, camera and backpack.
What kind of lunch is included?
- Veggie sandwich (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green pepper on a Montreal style bagel),
- Montreal Smoked Bison sandwich (Big Bend smoked bison, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and green pepper with BBQ sauce on a Montreal style bagel) or
- Honey maple turkey sandwich (honey maple turkey, Boursin cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber with deli mustard on a Montreal style bagel).
Lunches also include a juice box, veggies and dip, fruits and dessert.
Hot chocolate is available with dairy or soy milk. Tea is available as well.
Please make sure to mention any dietary requirements when you book your adventure and we will try to accommodate whenever possible.
What kind of transportation is provided?
Is transportation available from Lake Louise?
Transportation from Lake Louise only available on private tours. Find out more here.
What's the difference with the other ice bubble tours?
The Crescent Falls + Ice Bubbles tour includes similar afternoon stops on Abraham Lake.
The half day Ice Bubbles tour includes similar stops to the afternoon portion of this tour.
The Siffleur Falls Winter Hike is a great option for those looking for a more active adventure while still getting a chance to see the bubbles.
What's the group size?
This tour is recommended for those 8 or older.
What are the terms and conditions?
This tour requires bookings to be made at least 2 days prior to departure. Please contact us at (403) 986-6190 for a last minute booking.
All bookings are non-refundable but we will offer you a credit for a future adventure if you cancel a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure.
Waivers are required for all participants.You can review the waiver here.
A Few More Things To Know
Need help with your booking or have a few more questions? Stop by our Basecamp + Cafe or give us a call at 403 986-6190.
Come For A Visit
We're located in Capstone at Riverlands, near the trails of Waskasoo Park and Downtown Red Deer. Stop by to plan your next adventure, rent the gear you need and grab a bite with friends.
While you're in the neighbourhood make sure to check out some of our great neighbours like Wild Brewing Co, Purearth Organics, DOSE Coffee and Troubled Monk Brewery.
You'll find us at #10 5579 47 Street in Cronquist Business Park.
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We're open for check-in 10 minutes prior to departure for all tours.