We get inspiration from a number of places, here’s a few of the stories we’ve read recently and thought were worth sharing.
Some of our favourite sources include:
- Skift: travel industry news – sign up for their daily newsletter
- Destination Think!: a great source of DMO and destination development ideas
- SNEWS: outdoor industry news
- SlopeFillers: ski resort marketing ideas and inspiration
- Buffer Open Blog: a look at how they’re building a more transparent company
CamelBak Pursuit Series: The summer camp you always wanted
With a focus on education rather than sales, there were no hard sells. The goal was to provide participants the outdoor equivalent of a turn-key vacation: People could show up with clothes for the weekend, and everything else would be taken care of.
“I’m selling my shop. Here’s why.”
by Todd Frank
We, the independent specialty retail shops, did all the legwork to create these customers. Without us, these companies wouldn't be here. I’m not sure there are many vendors that could survive without us, so I’m trying to help vendors balance capitalizing on the opportunities that ...read more
How Thomas Cook’s ‘Excursions’ Lost Their Way
by Leonid Bershidsky
The bankruptcy of Thomas Cook Group Plc, the company whose founder is credited with inventing the modern tourist industry, is being blamed on Brexit, a series of bad management decisions and an unsustainable debt level.