- We will update you in advance if we collect, use or share your information for any purposes other than those outlined in this policy.
- We will not provide, sell or lease any of your information to third parties for their own commercial use.
- We will take measures consistent with industry recognized security standards and practices to protect your information.
- We will respect your rights under data protection laws and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe to requests submitted in regards to this policy and your information.
What We Collect
We may collect or receive your information in various situations, including:
- Bookings and purchases made through our online booking system, e-commerce, on the phone, in person or by third parties including travel agents, wholesalers and tour operators;
- Voluntary submissions you make including requesting customer service, submitting complaints, requesting brochures, establishing an account profile with us, participating in marketing campaigns, completing surveys and other interactions you initiate with us;
- Visits to our websites, interactions with our emails and social media content; and
- Participation in our tours, events and activities.
The type of information we may collect includes your name, address, email address, internet protocol address, phone number, date of birth or age, contact information, payment card information, guest preferences, special requests, information necessary for the delivery of tours or activities, interests you indicate in specific outdoors, travel or local attractions, demographics, how you interact with our websites, emails and content, and any other information you voluntarily choose to provide.
If you create an account in one of our websites or on our online booking system we will collect information to use as your username, password and to verify your identity.
Why We Ask For Your Information
We may ask for your information to:
- Reserve and deliver the services you have requested;
- Communicate information on our services and provide suggestions related to your booking;
- Process payments and collect sums owed;
- Provide customer service, obtain your feedback and track our performance;
- Verify your identify when required;
- Deliver information you request about us, our services and destinations, and recent developments that may be of interest to you;
- Advertise our services to you;
- Create an online account if you choose to establish one;
- Maintain a profile of our ongoing relationship to better serve you, including providing you offers that may be of interest to you;
- Create anonymized statistical information; and
- Assist in matters related to your personal safety and the safety of others.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information with various entities, as required by law and to deliver our services.
Suppliers include other activity providers, hotels and other travel experience providers we work with to fulfill your bookings.
The suppliers may contact you to obtain additional information to facilitate your booking or for any other purpose they deem necessary.
Third Party Vendors
Third party vendors include other entities that provide services or functions on our behalf. These include analytics, payment processing and marketing services.
We may authorize them to collect information on our behalf, including for the necessary operations of our website, to collect guest satisfaction data or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising.
We may disclose your email address to third party websites for the purpose of advertising our services.
Third party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Within Pursuit Adventure & Travel Inc.
Your information may be shared internally and across divisions for the purposes defined in this policy.
Your information may be shared as necessary to:
- Comply with laws applicable to our operations;
- Respond to requests from government authorities;
- Enforce our rights, defend ourselves and take other actions to protect our interests;
- Satisfy our record keeping, regulatory and legal requirements; and
- Engage in transactions involving the sale or transfer of our assets or in connection with a bankruptcy.
Where We Store Your Information
Your information may be transferred to data centers in Canada and the United States maintained by our vendors.
The nature of our business and operations require us to transfer your information to suppliers and third party vendors that may be located in countries outside of the country from which you provided or where we collected the information. All transfers of your information between countries will be in compliance with the local privacy laws of the jurisdiction from which the data is transferred and in compliance with this policy.
Your Profile and Communication Preferences
Tracking Your Engagement
We track the browsing patterns and engagement of all those visiting our websites to better understand the effectiveness of our marketing and to help deliver a better guest experience.
When you submit an online form, make an online booking or purchase, your personal information will be used to deliver those services and also to tailor future communications and promotions to your interests. When that form is submitted or a purchase made we associate your historical web browsing data to that conversion and related data. Interactions you have with our marketing emails will also be associated with this data. Interactions you have offline, for example in-store purchases or bookings, may also be associated with this data. This is done to enable us to better understand the effectiveness of our marketing, promotions, websites and booking systems as well as to deliver personalized services.
We do not receive any personally identifiable information from prior to arriving on our websites if you access our websites from an ad or third party website. We will however collect information such as the website you linked from for our administrative purposes.
By opting-in to our email newsletter program you will receive regular updates on our current promotions, new experiences, services and interesting stories happening within the regions we live and work. You will be given the opportunity to update your email subscription preferences and to unsubscribe from these emails within each email you receive from us.
Booking, E-commerce and Comment System Profiles
You may create online profiles with us using our internet booking, e-commerce and comment systems. Any profile you create will be unique to that system. The information you provide is used to eliminate the need to provide the same information for your repeat purchases or engagement.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain website browsing data, marketing email metrics, online form submissions, bookings, engagements and other related profile information you provide or that we collect for a period of five years from your last activity with us, unless you request that we delete it sooner by contacting us.
Information required for legal purposes like waivers may be retained for a longer period as required by law or other legal requirements.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect against the loss of and unauthorized access to the information under our control. Steps we have taken include the use of SSL encryption technology, using reputable vendors for online bookings, e-commerce and payment processing as well as using password protecting for all applications that contain personal information. Although we take measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always remain secure.
How We Handle Information About Minors
We collect information on minors, including name and age, for the booking of and participation in activities. This information will not be retained for commercial purposes other than for the activities booked.
All information is assumed to be provided by a parent or legal guardian, not directly by minors. If a minor provides us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, then the parent or guardian can get this information deleted by contacting us.
How You Can Access, Correct and Delete Your Information
We will support your desire to access, correct and delete your personal information. There are various options depending on the information you wish to access.
- Each email we send you will have links to manage your email subscription preferences or to unsubscribe. These apply only to email communications.
- You can update any profiles you have through our online booking, e-commerce and comment systems. These changes apply only to the system where you make the changes.
- You may request, in writing, to access, correct or delete your information across all our systems.
We comply with federal and provincial data protection laws that apply to Alberta. It is your choice whether or not you provide us with your personal information and if you do not notify us of your objection to our use of your information as described within this policy we will consider that you have consented to such continued use.
The General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) provides European Union residents with certain rights in respect to personal data. For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller for personal data we receive is Pursuit Adventure & Travel Inc. We rely on legitimate interest as our lawful basis for processing except for processing that is required to provide an individual with services purchased from us. These interests include, without limitation, making your visits with us as satisfying as possible, improving our services and understanding your travel and other related interests so that we can personalize our ongoing relationship with you. We reserve the right to process your information for all of the purposes set forth in this policy or for which you otherwise provide consent. You have the right to object to any processing of your personal data by submiting a request in writing.
If you have any requests concerning your information or questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pursuit Adventures, #10 5579 47 Street, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1S1.
We will use reasonable measures to verify the identify of a data subject before proceeding with a request. Please include any email addresses you may have provided us in your request.
We reserve the rights to update this policy from time to time. The latest update was done on December 13, 2018.