Frozen Waterfalls & Ice Bubbles Photo Tour
The western end of Central Alberta offers some great photo opportunities, from the famous ice bubbles of Abraham Lake to the many waterfalls like Siffleur Falls and Crescent Falls.
Our photo tour is adaptable based on your group´s preference. Photo opportunities range from being highway side to a small snowshoe hike away while covering a vast area from the foothills near Nordegg to the Front Range of the Rockies near the Banff National Park boundary.
Lunch, hiking poles, snowshoe rentals, ice cleats, a professional guide and transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House or Nordegg are all included.
- Experience the West Country in its most magical season.
- See the famous ice bubbles on Abraham Lake.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains, away from the crowds.
- Good potential to see elk, bighorn sheep and more.
- Learn about the natural and human history of the area.
Is It For Me?
This day trip is open to all snowshoe ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 4+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
- Activity: Photography
- Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
- Distance: 2-4 km (varies with group´s abilities)
- Duration: 6+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg
- Destination: David Thompson Corridor
Private Tours with Transportation
- Available daily
- $115 per adult (minimum $460 per tour)
- $85 per youth