Big Skies & Canyons Snowshoe Tour
Our best option for those learning to snowshoe or just looking for a fun day in the West Country.
First on the list of things to do is getting used to our snowshoes. We´ll be warming up on the lake, near the parking lot where there´s plenty of room for a few games and some warm up. Once you´re ready, a nice 2km hike along the lakeshore will take us through the forest to some great views of Coliseum Mountain.
After lunch we´re off to Allstones Creek, a 20 minutes drive away. Allstones Creek is an easy hike with minimal elevation gain. You will walk along the frozen creek, lined by striking rock walls that light up with the sun to a waterfall where we will pause for hot chocolate.
Lunch, hiking poles, snowshoe rentals and a professional guide are all included. We can provide the transportation from Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg or you can meet us at the trailhead, it´s up to you.
- Experience the West Country in its most magical season.
- Snowshoe on an easy trail in a scenic area.
- Walk through a canyon to a pretty waterfall.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountains, away from the crowds.
Is It For Me?
This day trip is open to all snowshoe ability levels, whether you are a beginner and or an expert. You must be comfortable walking 4+ km in a variety of conditions. This tour is recommended for those 13 or older.
- Activity: Snowshoeing
- Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
- Distance: 4-6 km (varies with group´s abilities)
- Duration: 6+ hours
- Departure: Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg
- Destination: David Thompson Corridor
Private Tours with Transportation
- Available daily
- $115 per adult (minimum $460 per tour)
- $85 per youth
Private Tours - Meet at the Trailhead
- Available daily
- $95 per adult (minimum $380 per tour)
- $65 per youth